In honor of Heather from "Run Faster Mommy!" I wanted to write a post about my fears. Her recent blog post had me thinking about what I fear and why. Some things on this list are simple, kind of stupid fears and some are more complex, and make me sick to even think about. Most of them are obvious fears for most people. So here goes...
1. Snakes. Any kind, any size, and any color.
2. Losing a family member. Kidnapping, death, estrangement, whatever. And most paralyzing thought of all, losing my dear sweet baby girl.
3. Car Accidents. Being in one or witnessing one. I totally have had PTSD afterwards. I still flinch when someone pulls up on a side street as I'm passing...a result of my car accident last fall where a guy pulled out of a side street hitting me on my passenger side, totaling my car. Other than some back pain, thankfully, no one was hurt.
4. Breaking a bone. Never have. Hopefully never will...
5. Running a long distance. I have yet to register for the half-marathon coming up in November because I become sick with fear just thinking about it. I'm afraid of failing, not running, not finishing, not even trying.
6. Never getting out of debt. My husband and I have been working really hard to pay off debt and never go in debt again (we're on the Dave Ramsey plan), but it has been an uphill battle with no end in sight.
And that's about it. I am not afraid of bugs or even spiders. Fire doesn't bother me, although my house burning down is a scary thought!
So my question to you is...what are you afraid of? Any similarities from my list?