Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ugh...

I have no one to blame but myself. I am sick as a dog. All because I decided to eat healthy many months ago and then botched it up this weekend.

We traveled to Tennessee to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and such, and in the process I consumed God knows how many calories. And it's not even about the calories, it was the quality of the food. Bacon and eggs, meatloaf, mashed potatoes (soaked with butter and milk--I'm lactose intolerant), apple crisps and vanilla ice cream, cake, burgers and fries...the list goes on and on. It was all so good. Not so good now. I cannot turn down food made by family. Down there everyone eats home cooked meals made with tons of grease, butter, and salt. Like I thought I could just jump right in where I left off months ago...


So here I sit, too sick to do anything that even resembles walking, much less running. I knew this weekend was going to be hard when it came to making good choices about what I eat, but I had no idea it would make me this sick to eat like I used to for 2 or 3 days. Ugh. Try to eat healthy and it bites you in the butt...

 My new BFF

So for the next few days, I am on detox from anything that contains butter, sugar, salt or milk (with the exception of yogurt...it seems to help the stomach issues). We will see how I feel tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully this doesn't last. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry you don't feel well. I know how that is. Most of the time, I'm pretty good at making healthy choices, but when I go off the wagon, I go all the way! :)
    And, I ALWAYS regret it (even though it's sooo good while I'm eating the stuff).

    ReplyDelete