I think it's just because I'm on vacation and it's easy to get caught up in something for hours at a time. I wonder how much blogging I will get done once school starts back in August...
There are so many things I could be doing instead of blogging or reading other people's thoughts:
1. Cleaning my always messy, dirtball of a house.
2. Running, cross training or some other form of much needed exercise. Half-marathon training starts in almost 4 weeks!
3. Playing with the little one...although this morning time is her much coveted T.V. time!
4. Yard work. My landscaping needs some serious TLC. Would love to pay someone to do it, it's almost more than I can handle.
5. Working on July's budget, coupon clipping or some other financially smart activity.
6. Reading and thinking about the new Common Core Standards for elementary students (this is job related. This school year we are beginning to teach with new standards that are no longer state specific, but now the same for most of the U.S.) This is going to have to be done soon. The new binder of standards is 3 inches thick!
7. Reading an actual book. The current book I am reading is The Shack by William P. Young. I'm like 2 years behind on my reading. I'm having a hard time sticking with it. It has a lot to do with spirituality and trusting God in the face of horrible tragedy. Spirituality has always been a difficult subject for me, but I heard this was a great, life changing book, so I'm going to stick with it.
Speaking of reading actual books, what are you reading now? What do you recommend I add to my summer reading list?