Monday, June 13, 2011

A Free Lunch

Today was the first day of a week long teacher conference that my school district has every summer. I was up bright and early, much to my dismay. The only positives about this conference thing is seeing old teacher friends from other schools and the free lunch. Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch??

We had two choices for this lunch. Chick-fil-a sandwiches with chips, cole slaw and a brownie, or some healthy junk...I couldn't even focus on what it was because the smell of Chick-fil-a filled my nostrils before I even got to the lunch line. Needless to say, I caved and had the wonderful chicken sandwich. Not the grilled chicken, the fried, high calorie, greasy, infamous Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich. I didn't take any pictures because I didn't want to look like a weirdo in front of hundreds of my coworkers...but lets just say, it wasn't around long enough for me to enjoy how it looked, much less take it's photograph!

So for dinner, I ate a light helping of my husband's creation, some kind of veggie pasta/lasagna wannabe. It was delish, but I know he snuck in lots of cheese, hamburger and other not so healthy things.
So I took it easy and paired it with a small salad, to make up for the catastrophe known as lunch. Salads are my "forgiveness" food. Eat a salad and you are fogiven everything horrible you may have consumed today. That's just one of the many lies I tell myself as I try to balance healthy eating with the occasional treat.

I am now missing The Bachelorette, so I am going to jump on the treadmill for a quick run while I yell at the t.v. every time someone says the word "amazing" or "special" or "connection". I'm sure I will be doing a lot of yelling tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment