Friday, July 29, 2011

Balancing It All

I've spent this last week easing back into some work stuff. Next week gets even more intense. You see, teachers don't get all summer off like many people think we do. Sure, we get several uninterrupted weeks of fun in the sun, but that is intertwined with professional development classes (thus far I've done 37 hours, still have 27 more before school starts on August 15th) as well as meetings, and classroom set-up--which is a week long process for most. I tell you this not to complain, but to update you on my what my summer vacation really looks like.

source


I've been thinking, "how in the world am I going to work full-time, attend after school meetings and more professional development, plan excellent, motivating lessons for my students, keep up with mounds of paperwork, take care of my child, keep my house clean, finish reading the series of books I've started, and train for a half-marathon???" The answer is "I DON'T HAVE A CLUE!" and I'm freaking out a little bit, as I always do this time of year. The difference this year is that I am training, which I was not last summer when school started. I was barely even running at all.

Anyone have any advice?? I know some of you have to work full-time, have kids and run or workout even more than I do. How do you balance it all?? What's your secret? Do tell...

2 comments:

  1. I get up at 4:00 a.m. Unfortunately, that's the only way it would work for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ~

    Stopping by to say hi from Bloggy Moms where I found you.

    I am your newest follower. I am a fitness coach and fitness lover and would love to have you stop by and say hi :)

    If you ever need help or motivation or support I am here.
    If you are ever looking for a new twist on fitness and a great new lifestyle come visit my business site at http://livingsmartgirl.myvi.net

    Looking forward to chatting with you.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete