1. Do you train for races outside, inside on a treadmill, or both?
- Lately, due to weather, I have been training inside on the treadmill. I want to run outside more when it cools down some.
2. Do you buy new shoes for a big race and then break them in a few weeks prior or stick with what you've trained in?
- My only experience with this was last years half, and I wore the shoes I trained in. Had no problems, but I walked pretty much the whole thing.
3. Do you pay attention to, or track your heart rate during runs?
- I am very interested in doing this. I am buying a Garmin with a heart rate monitor. I want to learn how to monitor this and use it to my advantage during training.
4. The only hills I have really run for this training are on my treadmill. A 10% incline was like death for me. How do you train for hills?
- At 10% on my treadmill, I can only run for like a minute. In my neighborhood, there are some pretty big hills, but most are short and quick. I typically have to slow down and even walk sometimes. I am working on hills on the treadmill 1 day a week.
5. Do you cross train? What kind of activities do you do?
- I walk, do elliptical and fitness videos for strength. I would like to bike and swim more. Just too hard with a little one.
6. What is your favorite piece of running gear/clothing/shoes?
- I love my Brooks Ariel's. I am sure I would love my Garmin if I had one!