Monday, July 4, 2011

Losing My Sanity

For the last 3 days, I have hit a wall before even finishing one mile.

For the last 3 days, I have tried really hard to push myself, and I failed.

For the last 3 days, I have beat myself up about how slow I am.

For the last 3 days, I have seriously questioned my ability to do 13.1 in November.

I am losing my sanity.


Running has been my sanity, it has made me feel strong, made me feel good about myself, made me happy.

I have a love/hate relationship with running.

Today it is hate more than love.

If I lose weight, I will be faster.

If I push myself, I will run longer.

Mind over matter. Not as easy as it sounds.

I am losing my sanity.


If running is my sanity, then I am losing at running...

I think running and I are going to take a break.

For a few days, maybe a week. We'll see.

I'll be back, I've got a date with 13.1 in 130 days, 19 weeks or 4 months.

I'm not a quitter.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog girl! I think it is completely reasonable to take a break from running. Do something else walk, strength train, etc and renew your love for it.

    Running should bring you joy and not be one more thing in your to do list. Sometimes training for something can do that to you. You have to step back and remember why.

    Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, taking a break is nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes a couple of days (or a week) off is just what I need. We can get so caught up in what we're "supposed to be" doing that we forget why we started running in the first place. I agree with Jess...take walks, do other exercises, ...whatever feels right. But, DON'T get discouraged...and don't forget that you're not alone in this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. It's important to listen to your body and take a break when you need to. I believe you should engage in exercise that you enjoy; otherwise it's just another form of stress - the exact opposite of what you want to be happy, healthy and slim.

    ReplyDelete