Monday, July 11, 2011

Motivation on a Monday


I need some motivation to go run and do day 5 (week 1) of Ripped in 30. It all sounded so great last night at 2:00 in the morning. I could have ran for miles without any problem. Why didn't I get up and just run? Probably because I had to get up early this morning for a play date for the little one. I did get up and quietly roll the garbage cans and recycling out to the street because the dear hubs forgot to put them out again. Thanks, honey for contributing to my insomnia. As if your snoring doesn't do enough for that...


Yesterday was a eat every carb in sight and lay around, a.k.a. rest day. We had a church picnic, complete with canoeing in the 100 degree, 100% humidity weather. So needless to say, I ate a lot of broccoli salads, potatoes and cake. And then there was my husband's grandma's 94th birthday party. With Kentucky Fried Chicken. And cake, again. Other than getting up to refill my plate and a little rowing on the canoe, I was a big lump of lazy yesterday. At least I got some cute pictures.


Today's weather is even worse. It feels like it's about 5 degrees cooler than hell outside right now. We have another "excessive heat warning", so there is no chance I will be running outside today or tonight. I need to run, but not bad enough to die doing it. So my treadmill will be my best friend again today, like so many hot (and cold) days before.  I hope it is not as hot where you are...

1 comment:

  1. It totally IS that hot where I am. I hate it!! Grrrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete