Friday, July 1, 2011

What is going on?

Today is day 13 of stomach problems that came out of the blue. On Father's Day, I began to feel yucky. We had been on a 3 day trip to visit my relatives in Tennessee and had eaten some rich, not-so-healthy foods during our stay. Needless to say, I blamed my stomach issues and constant trips to the bathroom on that yummy, homecooked evil.

So, almost 2 weeks have passed and the lower intestinal issues have morphed into nausea, bloating and just a yucky overall feeling. I just don't feel like me. After realizing it was more than just a few days of bad food choices, I next looked at the possibility of pregnancy. After that has been ruled out (for the most part-long story), I'm stuck with other theories...lactose intolerance, mild food poisoning (but for 2 weeks??), or maybe it's just my body adjusting to running more and faster and eating more green, organic foods. Whatever it is, it really, really sucks.


I'm going to cut out all dairy products for a few days and see if that helps. Then if I still feel this way by next Monday, I will call my doctor Tuesday and make an appointment to get checked out.

My question for you is: When would you call the doctor? Has this ever happened to you? What else to you suggest could be wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment