Monday, July 11, 2011

I ran a 5K!!!!!


I know, you're saying "whoopty-doo". But for me, it is the longest distance I have done since April 2010. It wasn't an "official" race. Just me and my treadmill, avoiding the wrath of satan outdoors.



 I felt strong.

 I felt good.

I could have kept going, but I knew I still had the other wrath of satan to deal with: Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30.

Today was day 5 of week 1. The final day of the first week. I have to say, so far, so good. I can do a few more push ups and crunches than the first day. I can hold my plank pose longer. And I increased my weights for some of the arm strength exercises. I am already noticing changes in my arms. They feel more toned. So do my legs. But maybe that's from running, too. Dunno. All I know is, I'm going to keep it up. I guess any workout video works if you actually do it. I'll keep you posted on my success (as well as my failures, as always!)

Lastly, I'll leave you with a little motivation:

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Those milestones are wonderful accomplishments, no matter how far. Glad to read that you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete