Friday, July 8, 2011

Five for Friday

1. Running related - I am dying to get a Garmin Forerunner 305. I have been researching and then searching for the cheapest price online for weeks now, just gotta commit to spending the money...
Hello, beautiful...I wish I could run 3.82 miles in 28:28!!!!   


2. Insomnia - I am having a hard time sleeping at night...then of course, all I want to do is sleep during the day. Tylenol PM does nothing for me. Any suggestions? Ever try Melatonin?

3. I am going to cut back on artificial sweeteners after reading that they can lead to weight gain. I usually drink coffee with Splenda every morning, and my yogurt is artificially sweetened.  I'm sure there's other stuff I'm not thinking of, but I am going to really pay close attention now.

4. My child is terrified of the cow from Chick-fil-a. The person in a costume came walking around today because it was "Cow Appreciation Day". The little one hid until he was gone. She is a boisterous, outgoing kid, who I always thought was afraid of nothing. You learn something new everyday...

5. I have not been on a vacation in 8 years. My last vacation was to Pawley's Island, S.C. with my family in 2003. Other than traveling to visit family in middle Tennessee, and a weekend in St. Louis and another in Cincinnati, I have not left home. Every year there has been a reason why we don't go somewhere. Work schedules, having a kid, money. Whatever the reason, it stinks. Looking at other people's vacay photos on Facebook really stinks. Just sayin'.

Tonight's workout is Day 3 of Ripped in 30. I am so not looking forward to this. But I know I'll feel better, so here I go...

2 comments:

  1. I have tried Melatonin before and it did work well for me, I just got a small thing of it from Kroger and only use it when I can't go to sleep. Hope you find something that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my Garmin 305! I don't think you'd regret spending the money.

    ReplyDelete